[Mondrian] Presentation and doubt

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Fri Apr 17 12:44:59 EDT 2009

That forum post is based on a blog entry that I wrote while I was
implementing the cache control API. Cache control is now in mondrian's
official documentation:
<http://mondrian.pentaho.org/documentation/cache_control.php>
http://mondrian.pentaho.org/documentation/cache_control.php

Recently we added some experimental methods to the CacheControl API to
control the dimension cache, for example
void  <outbind://20/src-html/mondrian/olap/CacheControl.html#line.261>
execute( <outbind://20/mondrian/olap/CacheControl.MemberEditCommand.html>
CacheControl.MemberEditCommand cmd)
Lastly, there is the schema cache. This is probably what you are interested
in here. That is the policy that determines whether mondrian should re-read
the schema.xml file when a new connection is established, or whether it
should share metadata with existing connections that use the same schema
URI. See
http://mondrian.pentaho.org/documentation/configuration.php#Schema_cache

Julian

  _____