[Mondrian] Workbench update vs 3.1 release - also Agg Designer and3.1
swood at jaspersoft.com
Mon Apr 6 15:43:05 EDT 2009
I was going to check this all in today. I am just adding a "Test
Connection" on the Preferences (to be renamed Connection), which will
include validation of entered schemas.
From: mondrian-bounces at pentaho.org [mailto:mondrian-bounces at pentaho.org]
On Behalf Of Julian Hyde
Sent: Monday, April 06, 2009 9:28 AM
To: 'Mondrian developer mailing list'
Subject: RE: [Mondrian] Workbench update vs 3.1 release - also Agg
I have updates to the Workbench, some of which originally came from Cincom
1. Editing for the following elements
1. Formula element in Named Set
2. Formula element in Calculated Member
3. SQL element on Views
2. JDBC column metadata is loaded in a lazy fashion to deal with
databases with large numbers of tables and columns, or databases such as
PostgreSQL that have slow metadata operations
3. Column types are visible when selecting columns in the Schema
Explorer and in the JDBC Explorer
4. CDATA elements are viewed and edited in a more visible fashion
5. Special characters in cdata content are no longer converted to
their encoded values
6. Better state management for Relations - Tables, Joins, Views
1. Relations don't default to Table
2. Can't add a Level or a Measure before defining a Relation
All changes are in the workbench area.
Given this is a significant change and we are headed for a 3.1 release, is
this fine to check in now?
Sounds like a good idea, but I'll discuss with Will & Ezequiel and get
back to you tomorrow.
Do you think you would be able to check in this week?
Is there going to be an Aggregate Designer release to go with 3.1? The Agg
Designer does not work with the Infobright dialect in Foodmart for 3.1,
and I don't know what other changes may have an effect.
If it's broken by Dialect changes, I guess we'll have to.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mondrian