[Mondrian] preferred communication mechanism?

m h sesquile at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 14:27:05 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 12:17 PM, Brian Vandenberg <phantall at gmail.com> wrote:
>   Those of us in the IRC channel are talkative off and on throughout the
> day.  If anyone stops by for help, feel free to hang around even if you
> don't have a question.

Thanks for the response Brian.  I'll try again.

>   You may notice the Kettle forums receive a large number of posts on a very
> regular basis, but Mondrian does not.  OLAP by its very nature is much
> harder for people to wrap their head around than ETL, so it's a much easier
> tool to build a community around.

Good points.  I'm well aware of the pains of creating community.  It's
not an easy thing.  One thing that drew me to Mondrian was the idea of
working with a community.  (I have a homegrown app that does 80% of
what I need.  Mondrian APPEARS to have all that I need.  But if I
can't get aggregations to work, then it's worthless to me....)

>   We can only build a larger community around Mondrian if people participate
> in that community :)

I'm willing and able to help.  I've even fired up eclipse and am now
running in it.  But right now, it's sort of the blind leading the
blind, since I'm leading myself.  If that's the case, then it's easier
for me to go back to my homegrown python solution....

cheers-

matt