[Mondrian] Creating a time dimension based on foreign key to DateTime field

m h sesquile at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 14:09:56 EDT 2008

Hi Folks-

New to the list here.  Just started playing out with Mondrian.  Wrote
up a basic schema yesterday and got the schema workbench connected to
my db this morning (need to add jdbc jar to classpath in startup
script).

My brief searching of the docs and searching the forums hasn't turned
up an answer for my question, which is:

I have a dateid field in my fact table.  It's a foreign key to a
date_dim table which has a DateTime field in it ("timestamp" in
Postgres).  How do I generate my "Time" dimension schema here?

I'm all ears...

thanks much!

-matt