[Mondrian] Attribute hierarchies

Peter Tran ptran at prospricing.com
Mon Sep 8 08:11:05 EDT 2008

Hi,

Does Mondrian support attribute hierarchies like Analysis Services?

We have reviewed the Dimension schema configuration and it doesn't
appear that this is possible.   We suspect that we'll have to rely on
using member properties to achieve this exact requirement of adjusting
some measure by the number of working days under the given date member.

The MDX that we'd like to be able to use is as follows (where "Day of
Week" is an attribute hierarchy):

WITH

 MEMBER

  Measures.SalesPerWorkingDay AS

  '

    IIF(

     Count(

      Filter(

        Descendants(

          [Date].[Calendar].CurrentMember

          ,[Date].[Calendar].[Date]

          ,SELF)

       ,  [Date].[Day of Week].CurrentMember.Name <> "1"

      )

    ) = 0

     ,NULL

     ,[Measures].[Internet Sales Amount]

      /

       Count(

         Filter(

           Descendants(

             [Date].[Calendar].CurrentMember

             ,[Date].[Calendar].[Date]

             ,SELF)

          ,  [Date].[Day of Week].CurrentMember.Name <> "1"

         )

       )

    )

   '

SELECT [Measures].[SalesPerWorkingDay]  ON 0

, [Date].[Calendar].[Month].MEMBERS ON 1

FROM [Adventure Works]

Thanks,

-Peter