[Mondrian] proposal for Order function with key specification list

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Tue Sep 2 14:22:55 EDT 2008

I could support that change. I am not usually support extensions to MDX, but
this seems to be backwards compatible with SSAS and it is functionality
difficult to provide otherwise.

Like Zelaine, I would like to see some examples.

I am not sure that we should allow sort by <Level>, because that can be
coerced into an expression. Is it not sufficient to sort by a member
expression, such as <Hierarchy>.CurrentMember or perhaps
Ancestor(<Hierarchy>.CurrentMember, <Level>)? Members ought to collate by
ordinal, if they do not already.

Julian