[Mondrian] Creating a parent-child dimension

Eduardo Andrade eduardofandrade at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 03:57:24 EDT 2008

Hello,

i hope you could guide me on this :

- I've two parent child structures for each one of the fact table rows.

- Each fact table row points to level three records of the hierarchical
table and Mondrian is able to build the dimension correctly.

But, when building a parent-child hierarchy I thought Mondrian would group
the elements by the defined "nameColumn" and apply the defined aggregation
function (in this case SUM).

I show two results (the obtained one and the expected one (which i was
expecting to see)).

Is there a way to achieve this result ?

Btw, it's probably a good idea to create a mondrian user list, i'll be using
it for sure :)

Thank you for your time.

--
Eduardo Andrade