[Mondrian] Mondrian test failures against mysql?

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Tue Nov 25 19:17:39 EST 2008

> Marc and I have been seeing test failures (typically 3 errors, 35
> failures) when running the unit test suite against the latest code.
> (See attached zip for logs from a recent run).
>
> Is anyone else seeing similar issues (or alternately, running
> the tests successfully against mysql)?

Looks like you are running with mondrian.rolap.generate.formatted.sql=true.
Therefore the tests which are looking for particular SQL get the wrong SQL.

If you feel like fixing the problem, change
BatchTestCase.assertQuerySqlOrNot (or similar - your call) to set the
property to false for the duration of the method call, and set it back to
the previous value afterwards.

Also correct the line

#mondrian.rolap.generate.formatted.sql=true

in the checked-in mondrian.properties, which incorrectly implies that the
default value of this property is true.