[Mondrian] <Query> element inside <Hierarchy> not working -mondrian version 3.0.3.11016

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Mon May 19 21:29:30 EDT 2008

I don't think it's anything to do with the <Query> element. It's the fact
that you are writing [Dimension].[Level].[Member], and this doesn't work
because member names may not be unique within a level. Think of
[Customer].[City].[Portland], for example. It's ambiguous whether you mean
Portland, Oregon or Portland, Maine, so the member is correctly writtem
[Customer].[USA].[OR].[Portland].

In your case, something like [DimUsers].[user456].[group5] should work,
provided user456 is a member of group5.

Julian

  _____