[Mondrian] RolapMember causes ClassCastException in compare()

Luc Boudreau lucboudreau at gmail.com
Wed May 14 10:13:37 EDT 2008

Hi,

This bug relates to mondrian 3.0.3.11016. There is an exception which occurs
in RolapMember.compare(), line 713 in 3.0.3.11016. This particular version
was checked in Pentaho BI server trunk and causes the following problem.

The compare() method may try to cast object key (byte[]) into Comparable
implementations, which causes the class cast exception. I suggest converting
byte array keys to String objects before comparaison.

I did not find any Jira project related to Mondrian on the Pentaho official
jira, so I'm sending the notification to you all in hope this could be fixed
fairly quickly.