[Mondrian] Adding Grouping Set support for Distinct Count measures

John V. Sichi jsichi at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 04:12:42 EDT 2008

John V. Sichi wrote:
> I was wondering why the cached runs still took 40s, so I probed the
> stack and it was spending most of the time in
> AggregateFunDef.removeOverlappingTupleEntries.  I commented this out,
> and the LucidDB time went down to 15s for the first execution, and 8s
> for the cached execution.

In eigenchange 10766, I changed AggregateFunDef to allow it to skip the
list reduction methods added by Ajit (on a per dialect basis), because
they are really slow.  Currently it's only skipping for LucidDB, since
it doesn't have a limit on IN list size, so the reductions aren't
needed; for dialects where the reductions are required, it would be a
good idea for someone to optimize Ajit's code.

JVS