[Mondrian] Mondrian 3.0 is production

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.org
Thu Mar 27 02:25:56 EDT 2008

> Compiling JPivot head against Mondrian 3.0.1 produced errors.

Will is taking a look at this.

> The Util.explode() method is now replaced by the
> Util.parseIdentifier() method (I believe) which returns a
> List<Id.Segment> so one either has to compile JPivot with
> java 1.5 or use the Mondrian retroweaver jar.

It's a common misconception that types with generics are not backwards
compatible. During compilation the generics are erased, so as far as jpivot
is concerned that Util.parseIdentifier() just returns a List.

But yes, if you compile jpivot under jdk 1.4 you will need to use the
mondrian retroweaver jar, simply because the regular mondrian jar has
classes in jdk 1.5 format.