[Mondrian] Mondrian 3.0 is production

Richard Emberson remberson at edgedynamics.com
Wed Mar 26 11:48:00 EDT 2008

Compiling JPivot head against Mondrian 3.0.1 produced errors.

JPivot, for example, still uses the Util.explode(String) and
DriverManager.getConnection(mondrian.olap.Util.PropertyList,mondrian.spi.CatalogLocator,javax.sql.DataSource,boolean)

methods.
Here is the JPivot compile output:

     [javac]                                             ^
     [javac]
/home/emberson/OH/thirdparty/jpivot/src/jpivot/src/java/com/tonbeller/jpivot/mondrian/MondrianModel.java:529:
cannot find symbol
     [javac] symbol  : method
getConnection(mondrian.olap.Util.PropertyList,mondrian.spi.CatalogLocator,javax.sql.DataSource,boolean)
     [javac] location: class mondrian.olap.DriverManager
     [javac]     monConnection =
mondrian.olap.DriverManager.getConnection(properties, catalogLocator,
externalDataSource, false);
     [javac]                                                ^
     [javac]
/home/emberson/OH/thirdparty/jpivot/src/jpivot/src/java/com/tonbeller/jpivot/mondrian/MondrianModel.java:749:
cannot find symbol
     [javac] symbol  : method explode(java.lang.String)
     [javac] location: class mondrian.olap.Util
     [javac]     String[] uniqueNameParts = Util.explode(uniqueName);
     [javac]                                    ^
     [javac]
/home/emberson/OH/thirdparty/jpivot/src/jpivot/src/java/com/tonbeller/jpivot/mondrian/MondrianModel.java:759:
cannot find symbol
     [javac] symbol  : method
lookupCompound(mondrian.olap.SchemaReader,mondrian.olap.Cube,java.lang.String[],boolean,int)
     [javac] location: class mondrian.olap.Util
     [javac]     mondrian.olap.Member monMember = (mondrian.olap.Member)
Util.lookupCompound(scr, cube,
     [javac]
      ^    [javac]
/home/emberson/OH/thirdparty/jpivot/src/jpivot/src/java/com/tonbeller/jpivot/mondrian/MondrianModel.java:1657:
cannot find symbol
     [javac] symbol  : method explode(java.lang.String)
     [javac] location: class mondrian.olap.Util
     [javac]                     String[] uniqueNameParts =
Util.explode(memberName);
     [javac]                                                    ^
     [javac]
/home/emberson/OH/thirdparty/jpivot/src/jpivot/src/java/com/tonbeller/jpivot/mondrian/MondrianModel.java:1765:
cannot find symbol
     [javac] symbol  : method explode(java.lang.String)
     [javac] location: class mondrian.olap.Util
     [javac]         final String[] memberUniqueNameParts =
Util.explode(memberName);
     [javac]                                                    ^
     [javac]
/home/emberson/OH/thirdparty/jpivot/src/jpivot/src/java/com/tonbeller/jpivot/mondrian/MondrianModel.java:1766:
cannot find symbol
     [javac] symbol  : method explode(java.lang.String)
     [javac] location: class mondrian.olap.Util
     [javac]         final String[] logicalUniqueNameParts =
Util.explode(logicalName);
     [javac]                                                     ^
     [javac]
/home/emberson/OH/thirdparty/jpivot/src/jpivot/src/java/com/tonbeller/jpivot/mondrian/MondrianModel.java:1900:
cannot find symbol
     [javac] symbol  : method explode(java.lang.String)
     [javac] location: class mondrian.olap.Util
     [javac]             String[] uniqueNameParts =
Util.explode(firstMemberName);
     [javac]                                            ^
     [javac]                                            ^
     [javac]
/home/emberson/OH/thirdparty/jpivot/src/jpivot/src/java/com/tonbeller/jpivot/mondrian/MondrianModel.java:1941:
cannot find symbol
     [javac] symbol  : method toMdx()
     [javac] location: class mondrian.olap.Query
     [javac]       buf.append(queryAdapter.getMonQuery().toMdx());
     [javac]                                          ^
     [javac]
/home/emberson/OH/thirdparty/jpivot/src/jpivot/src/java/com/tonbeller/jpivot/mondrian/MondrianResult.java:100:
cannot find symbol
     [javac] symbol  : method toMdx()
     [javac] location: class mondrian.olap.Query
     [javac]         String mdx = query.toMdx();
     [javac]                           ^
     [javac]
/home/emberson/OH/thirdparty/jpivot/src/jpivot/src/java/com/tonbeller/jpivot/mondrian/MondrianExpressionParser.java:118:
cannot find symbol
     [javac] symbol  : method explode(java.lang.String)
     [javac] location: class mondrian.olap.Util
     [javac]       element = Util.lookup(query, Util.explode(trimmed));
     [javac]                                        ^
     [javac]
/home/emberson/OH/thirdparty/jpivot/src/jpivot/src/java/com/tonbeller/jpivot/mondrian/MondrianSqlAccess.java:43:
cannot find symbol
     [javac] symbol  : method getSqlKey()
     [javac] location: class mondrian.rolap.RolapMember
     [javac]     if (rm.getSqlKey() == null)
     [javac]           ^
     [javac]
/home/emberson/OH/thirdparty/jpivot/src/jpivot/src/java/com/tonbeller/jpivot/mondrian/MondrianSqlAccess.java:46:
cannot find symbol
     [javac] symbol  : method getSqlKey()
     [javac] location: class mondrian.rolap.RolapMember
     [javac]     p.setSqlValue(rm.getSqlKey());
     [javac]                     ^
     [javac]
/home/emberson/OH/thirdparty/jpivot/src/jpivot/src/java/com/tonbeller/jpivot/mondrian/MondrianUtil.java:123:
cannot find symbol
     [javac] symbol  : method
lookupCompound(mondrian.olap.Dimension,java.lang.String[],boolean,int)
     [javac] location: interface mondrian.olap.SchemaReader
     [javac]       mondrian.olap.Member mona = (Member)
scr.lookupCompound(monHier.getDimension(),
     [javac]                                               ^
     [javac] 13 errors

The Util.explode() method is now replaced by the
Util.parseIdentifier() method (I believe) which returns a
List<Id.Segment> so one either has to compile JPivot with
java 1.5 or use the Mondrian retroweaver jar.

The JPivot source distributed with the Mondrian 3.0.1 zip file
has these error also.

Richard