[Mondrian] Native vs. Regular Non Empty <Level>.MEMBERS Issue

Will Gorman wgorman at pentaho.org
Thu Mar 20 16:38:22 EDT 2008

This question is geared towards Matt and Ajit, but all are welcome to
chime in (please!).

I'm investigating bug #1722959, "NON EMPTY <Level>.MEMBERS fails if
nonempty.enable=false", because the fix for that caused a new bug,
#1909516, "Validmeasure fails to work due to some recent changes".

The XMLA unit test provided with the first bug,
"XmlaCognosTest.testNonEmptyWithCognosCalcOneLiteral" works when native
non empty is enabled, but not with the regular code according to the
test case.  I executed the MDX within SSAS (adding NON EMPTY to each
axis), and the results returned match the non-native code vs. the native
code, opposite of what I expected:

Test Case expects:

1	159167.84	1	63530.4251
1	142277.07	1	56772.5006
1	263793.22	1	105324.3079

SSAS returns:

1	(null)	1	(null)
1	(null)	1	(null)
1	(null)	1	(null)
1	(null)	1	(null)
1	(null)	1	(null)
1	(null)	1	(null)
1	(null)	1	(null)
1	159167.84	1	63530.4251
1	142277.07	1	56772.5006
1	263793.22	1	105324.3079

My question is, what is the correct result?  Does the bug lie in the
native code or non native code? Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help!

Will

bug #1722959 - NON EMPTY <Level>.MEMBERS fails if nonempty.enable=false
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1722959&group_id=35302&atid=414613

bug #1909516 - Validmeasure fails to work due to some recent changes
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1909516&group_id=35302&atid=414613