[Mondrian] Mondrian 3.0 RolapSchema.java change

Richard Emberson remberson at edgedynamics.com
Tue Mar 18 17:31:06 EDT 2008

Julian Hyde wrote:
>> Richard Emberson wrote:
>>
>> Just integrated with Mondrian 3.0 release.
>> Now getting an exception being thrown from the
>> RolapSchema.Pool get method, line 776:
>
> Allow me to answer a question with a question. Let's talk about the
> specification (as documented in the configuration guide,
> http://mondrian.pentaho.org/documentation/configuration.php#Connect_string_p
> roperties) rather than the implementation.

I would have thought that the following from the Configuration
Guide would allow for a DynamicSchemaProcessor with no
Catalog or CatalogContent:

[
If the CatalogContent is specified, then it is used as the schema
definition content. If, in fact, it is specified, then the value of
DynamicSchemaProcessor, if any, is ignored.

Finally, the DynamicSchemaProcessor connection string property is the
class name of a class that implements the DynamicSchemaProcessor
interface. If set, an instance of the class is created for each schema
request and its "processSchema" method is called which returns the
schema definition content.
]