[Mondrian] Mondrian 3.0 RolapSchema.java change

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.org
Tue Mar 18 16:09:25 EDT 2008

> Richard Emberson wrote:
>
> Just integrated with Mondrian 3.0 release.
> Now getting an exception being thrown from the
> RolapSchema.Pool get method, line 776:

Allow me to answer a question with a question. Let's talk about the
specification (as documented in the configuration guide,
http://mondrian.pentaho.org/documentation/configuration.php#Connect_string_p
roperties) rather than the implementation.

Is it valid to have a connect string that contains the
DynamicSchemaProcessor but does not contain Catalog or CatalogContent? The
config guide currently says that is not valid, and the code implements that.

Are you proposing to change the specification, and if so, what should the
new specification be.