[Mondrian] Need Help on Mondrian

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.org
Tue Mar 18 16:02:39 EDT 2008

Travis,

You may be right. Most people do indeed search every avenue (including
google, the forums, mailing list archives, and the web site) before posting
a question, but there are some that ask incredibly open questions before
doing any searching. I've spent many, many hours writing documentation, so
you can understand how I might be frustrated when someone has not made any
effort to find it.

Conventional open source etiquette is that if you have a question, and you
have searched the available resources, you should mention the places that
you have already looked. Shilpa didn't do that, and I think that if she had
googled something obvious like 'mondrian getting started' she would have
found the answer to her question.

Mondrian documentation is far from perfect. I acknowledge that mondrian is a
difficult component to install, although most people find that when it is
set up, it solves their problems elegantly and reliably. I would love to
improve the quality of the product and the documentation, and welcome any
advice & assistance how to do that.

Julian

  _____