[Mondrian] RE: Mondrian branch & release process

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Mon Jun 23 14:56:42 EDT 2008

I've already done the necessary steps to integrate files up to 11016.
Nothing else for you to do - you can just edit files.

> I also noticed in the latest integration that it moved the
> files back to
> the correct revisions (there is no mention of ivy in
> build.xml), but it
> didn't delete the new files that were added since 11016.

I could fix that, but it might be tricky. Can we live with those files?

> I looked at the branch definition of mondrian_dev_to_release_3.0, how
> does perforce know whether a change has already been integrated or not
> into a branch?

Perforce maintains integration records: which versions of a source file have
been integrated into a target file. Those records get created when you
submit a changelist that contains 'integrate' or 'branch' changes.

By the way, integration is bi-directional. When we've fixed bugs on the 3.0
branch, we can integrate them back to the main line. I would recommend doing
integrations from the 3.0 branch to main every week or so.

And we can also integrate specific changes (for e.g. specific bug fixes)
from main to 3.0.

If people do wholesale formatting changes that makes integration hard and
error-prone - so developers should refrain from cosmetic changes to both
branches.