[Mondrian] how to integrate mondrian to jetspeed?

Dejan.Gambin at coin.hr Dejan.Gambin at coin.hr
Mon Jul 14 16:35:45 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am just one of the guys who need to integrate JPivot into JBoss Portal.
I am using Pentaho PCI, I have all the stuff (reporting, dasboards) done
in portal but I don't know (and can't find anyone who knows) how to
integrate the analysis/OLAP part of Pentaho (based on JPivot) with JBoss
portal.
I would appreciate any information that could help me try this. I am using
the newese 1.7.0-GA version of Pentaho

thanks very much

regards, dejan

mondrian-bounces at pentaho.org wrote on 14.07.2008 15:07:15:

> Did you try to do the build instructions in the readme?
>
> Like I said before, this was working for an older version of JPivot
> (early 2005, v1.4?) and JBoss Portal 2.0.1. I don’t know how it will
> go for current versions of JPivot and JBoss Portal.
>
> You will have to change the code and configurations to make it work
> in JetSpeed.
>
> Sherman

CVS.

> * Build WCF
>
> * Install a binary version of JBoss 4.0.2 and JBoss Portal. The
> JBoss Portal distribution
>   should be unzipped into ${jboss.home}/server/default/deploy. You will
see a
>   jboss-portal.sar there.
>
> * Edit the JBoss Portal file in jboss-portal.sar/portal-core.
> war/WEB-INF/default-portal.xml.
>
>       <property>
>          <name>org.jboss.portal.property.layout</name>
>          <value>2ColumnLayout</value>
>       </property>
>       <property>
>          <name>org.jboss.portal.property.renderSet</name>
>          <value>divRenderer</value>
>       </property>
>
>   An example of this is in:

src/jboss-portlet/jboss-portal/jboss-portal-war/WEB-INF/default-portal.xml

> * Set the jboss.home Ant property in your ${user.home}/build.properties
file

> * Build and deploy the jpivot-portlet-1.4.0.war and jpivot-portlet-
> theme.war with
>   the portlet-dist target
>
> * Build the demo Foodmart datatbase.
>
> * If your database is not the default Access one, change the query
> tags in JSPS in
>   jpivot-portlet-1.4.0.war/WEB-INF/queries appropriately
>
> * Start JBoss
>
> * Hit http://localhost:8080/portal/index.html
>
> * Select JPivotPortlet from the menu. The index screen for the portlet
appears

> 3. Design and Implementation Notes
>
> The WCF framework that the JPivot framework uses has  a
> RequestFilter as part of
> the core JPivot servlet configuration, that serves as a controller
> to route user
> interface operations to Listeners. The JSR 168 Portal server
> specification does
> not allow for something like servlet filters in a portlet. The
JPivotPortlet