[Mondrian] Calculation Captions in Virtual Cubes

Alan Jackson AlanJ at symmetrics.net
Thu Jan 31 14:32:36 EST 2008

Hi

The problem is where a calculation in a cube has a caption define in the schema XML. When using this calculation in a virtual cube, the specified caption is not returned but the default caption is returned.
(see thread http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread.php?t=53867 <https://mail.symmetrics.net/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread.php?t=53867> )

I've got a solution that works in our scenario, but I'm struggling to create a unit test to highlight the problem - I want to create unit tests so that I am able to submit the change back into the community. The example tests I've seen all end up getting the measure through the schema objects rather than getting the caption from the axis result sets.

Are there any examples you guys can point me to that get the captions back for the axes that I could use to validate this fix?

The main contention in the fix would be the removal of the "final" from MemberBase::getCaption so that it can be overridden in RolapVirtualCubeMeasure - do you see this being a big problem?

TIA
Alan