[Mondrian] Names vs. Unique Names

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.org
Sat Jan 26 14:50:07 EST 2008

That makes two of us! I tried 'assertExprReturns("M", "[Gender].[All
Gender].[M]")' and was very surprised when it worked. I don't remember that
logic being added to the member-resolution code.

Adding a property sounds like a good idea. Add the tests to
CompatibilityTest, since that already deals with name-resolution issues such
as case-sensititivity.

Please indicate in the name and description of the property that it governs
whether the dimension name is required. In future I would like to allow
non-fully-qualified member names, such as [Store].[USA].[94705], if the name
of the last level is globally unique, and I want it to be clear that your
property does not govern that feature.

Julian

  _____