[Mondrian] Adding Grouping Set support for Distinct Count measures

Matt Campbell mkambol at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 10:37:53 EST 2008

We're interested in this change not so much for performance (although we
have seen some cases where it seems to improve performance) but because:

1) It will allow correct totaling in cases where a dimension table does not
join to every fact table row.  We can get over-counting in these cases
because the total query is fired separately without joining to the dimension
table.  I know in general dimension rows should be all-inclusive, ie have a
member value for each fact table row.  We have some good reasons for
violating this rule, though.

2) It will also bring greater consistency to how count distinct and summable
measures are evaluated.