[Mondrian] Adding Grouping Set support for Distinct Count measures

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.org
Tue Jan 22 19:52:30 EST 2008

No objections in principle. Have you hand-generated such queries to see
whether they are any improvement? It is possible that the queries do not
yield any performance improvement, because distinct-count is difficult for a
database to evaluate and therefore it might be difficult for the DBMS to
find commonality between the different grouping sets.

Would this work with distinct-count measures applied to aggregate members?
(For example unit sales over [CA plus OR].)

Julian

  _____