[Mondrian] Mondrian CruiseControl stuck?

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.org
Wed Jan 16 19:05:03 EST 2008

> -----Original Message-----
> From: mondrian-bounces at pentaho.org
> [mailto:mondrian-bounces at pentaho.org] On Behalf Of John V. Sichi
> Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 11:19 AM
> To: mondrian at pentaho.org
> Subject: [Mondrian] Mondrian CruiseControl stuck?
>
> Is this the correct location?
>
> http://cruisecontrol.hydromatic.net/buildresults/mondrian

Yes.

I have shut down that web server briefly on a couple of occasions recently
because it was sucking up lots of bandwidth, but it's up now.

> It shows the last build as 11/27/2007.

Ajit,

You manage the cruise control - what's its status?

> Also, pulling the latest code and running ant test using JDK
> 1.5 gives
> Javadoc complaints from olap4j:

These are due to code referencing the JDBC 4.0 API, which is only available
in JDK 1.6. Such code is only occurs in FactoryJdbc4Impl.java, and it is
excluded from compilation in JDK 1.5.

I tried to exclude it from the javadoc process also, but wasn't able to.
sub-elements, and using these elements I was able to exclude
FactoryJdbc4Impl.java from the javadoc  process. Unfortunately, the fileset
element doesn't allow you to include package.html files in the javadoc
process, so package links like '@link mondrian.rolap' stopped working. So I
went back to using the sourcepath and packagenames attributes of <javadoc>.)

In short, javadoc process now only works against JDK 1.6. If you run it
against JDK 1.5, you will get errors. Committers should make sure that 'ant
javadoc-strict' completes with no errors under JDK 1.6 before committing
code.