[Mondrian] GWT based front end for Mondrian

Nikolay Samofatov nikolay.samofatov at red-soft.biz
Wed Jan 9 16:27:23 EST 2008

Charly,

Thanks for your feedback. There were two problems found in the initial
release:
Olap Navigator is written against patched GWT, which should have had no
class interface changes, but in fact has slightly incompatible interface.

Sherman Wood wrote that he succeeded to port it to vanilla GWT by
replacing Dotted Tree components with standard ones (they should have
pretty similar interface). He didn't post a patch though.

The second problem is that it builds against patched Mondrian 2.2
(included). The code to compile against fresh Mondrian should be there
commented out, but it has many regressions with our production schemas,
and we didn't have time to fix all of them yet.

In theory, olap navigator is database neutral, but we test it against
Red Database only. It should not be difficult to add more features to
Olap Navigator, it has pretty compact and (hopefully) structured code base.
Volunteers are welcome :-)

http://www.bankreporting.ru is the simple sample (in Russian) which uses
a small fraction of Olap Navigator features.
It doesn't use Charts, Maps or navigation Trees, for those we don't have
demos without proprietary data yet. :-(

Nikolay