[Mondrian] Problem with special characters

Agustin Campos aguscampos at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 11:01:37 EST 2008

Some time ago I had the same problem, but It wasn't Pentaho neither
mondrian... But it could be the same case as yours.

I had Apache and MySQL. When I wanted to get data from the database, all
those characters that you are saying appeared as '?'. I managed to solve it
changing charset from the DATABASE. So, what I would do in your case, is
have a look at your database charset and see if it's the same as ISO-8859-1.

Tell me something when you are done, so I'll see if I am able to help you.
But I don't think so.

2008/2/20, Francisco Martín <franciscomartin.cl at gmail.com>:

> Hey, I'm having some problems seeing special characthers (Ñ, ñ, Á, á, É,
> é, Í, í, Ó, ó, Ú, ú). I change the codification of the .xml file to ISO-8859-1
> And now the special characters that I write on the .xml (.mondrian or
> .xaction) work correctly, but the data that comes from the DB does not
> display correclty. This wouldn't be so important except that I can't
> desagregate any field with one of these characters, when I try to do that,
> the generated query includes a '?' where the special character should be and
> that returns (obviously) no results. Any ideas if this a Mondrian, Pentaho,
> Jboss or other problem?? Thanks
>

> Regards,
>    Francisco Martín C.

Agustín Campos Muñoz