[Mondrian] new p4 submit triggers

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Wed Aug 27 19:55:56 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 16:45 -0700, John V. Sichi wrote:

> Rushan Chen wrote:
> > Hi John,
> >
> > Is it possible to set the formatting triggers for MLO branch?
>
> I can, but unless you integrate down from main, there will be a lot of
> existing violations which may cause trouble if you need to check in
> anything further on the MLO branch (unless you fix them incrementally as
> you go).  Do you want me to go ahead with adding the trigger anyway?
>
> The problem with integrating down as Julian suggested is that MLO is a
> stabilized release branch, so we don't want any non-cosmetic changes
> from main to slip in.
>
> Next release, we'll have started from main, so we'll be starting clean
> (the problem this time was that we had branched off before the
> enforcement and cleanup came in on main).

John makes some good points. I think the path of least resistance would
be to check and fix on the MLO branch just before you integrate some
files - and just the files you are going to integrate. Or do the same as
this time - integrate with style violations, then fix immediately on the
main line. I'll leave it up to you, Rushan.