[Mondrian] Dimension member caching

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Wed Aug 6 15:06:16 EDT 2008

You should all be aware that this is an incomplete feature. The API and
underlying design are sound -- I spent several iterations with the developer
Marc Berkowitz -- but there are several known bugs and doubtless a few
unknown ones too. It may be complete in mondrian-3.1, but we are not
committing to this. Use at your own risk.

Marc, can you answer Michael's questions? Also, if you have some
documentation for this, please post it. I would like the final feature to
have developer-oriented documentation which is an extension to
http://mondrian.pentaho.org/documentation/cache_control.php.

Michael and Haridasan, Do you have some time available to help Marc test &
document this?

Julian

  _____