[Mondrian] new p4 submit triggers

John V. Sichi jsichi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 03:21:02 EDT 2008

Julian has scripted some new enforcement, and I've installed the scripts
on the Perforce server.  Now if you try to submit a .java file
containing tabs, or containing lines which end with spaces, or for which
the last line is not

// End YerFileName.java

you'll get an error describing the problem, and you'll be asked to
reattempt the submit after fixing it.

If you get any bogus rejects, please let us know and we'll fix the scripts.

The checking script is available in //open/util/bin/checkFile, and you
can run it locally if you need to (the diagnostics should be the same as
what the server spits back).

Mondrian currently has one file in violation; it'll need to be fixed as
part of its next edit:

jvs at kotick:~/open/mondrian/src/main/mondrian$ checkFile */*/*/*.java
gui/validate/impl/WorkbenchJDBCValidator.java: 8: Line ends in space
gui/validate/impl/WorkbenchJDBCValidator.java: 38: Last line should be
"// End WorkbenchJDBCValidator.java"

JVS