[Mondrian] Native vs. Regular Non Empty <Level>.MEMBERS Issue

Ajit Vasudeo Joglekar ajogleka at thoughtworks.com
Fri Apr 11 05:50:47 EDT 2008

We can go for the option #1. I mentioned the new bug as low priority since
probably it is a rare scenario where calculated literal members get used
in a mdx.

-Ajit

"Julian Hyde" <jhyde at pentaho.com>
Sent by: mondrian-bounces at pentaho.org
04/11/2008 12:40 PM
Please respond to
jhyde at pentaho.com; Please respond to

cc

Subject
RE: [Mondrian] Native vs. Regular Non Empty <Level>.MEMBERS Issue

General principles:

1. Default behavior should be the same as SSAS.
2. Behavior should be the same for native and in-memory non empty.

If you don't like the default behavior, you can add a property, disabled
by default of course.

I would view differences between 'native non empty' and 'in-memory non
empty' behavior as serious bugs. It's extremely confusing for an end-user
to get different results, and it makes it more difficult to support the
product, since people don't generally post their settings when they have a
bug.

Based on these principles, what action should we take? Sounds like option
#1, except that the bug would be high priority. Correct me if I'm wrong.