FW: [Mondrian] deadlock in MemberCacheHelper

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Thu Apr 3 13:53:13 EDT 2008

Will,

The deadlock is a cyclic wait between two MemberCacheHelper objects. One
thread holds A and waits for B, another holds B and waits for A.

Usually deadlocks can be solved by agreeing a locking order by object type
(e.g. first lock the RolapSchema then lock the MemberCacheHelper) but that
won't work in this case, because both locked objects are the same type.

We need to figure out what operation would ever need to lock two different
MCHs. Thoughts on this?

Julian

PS Nicely formatted stack trace is attached.

  _____