[Mondrian] [Fwd: Eigenbase perforce change 9873 for review]

Julian Hyde julianhyde at speakeasy.net
Wed Sep 12 20:06:35 EDT 2007

You may THINK that it is crazy to return a DECIMAL SQL column in a Double
value, but there are a lot of crazy authors of JDBC drivers out there. I've
seen their work. :)

> In short, the
> change is only required for LucidDB but will not be incorrect even
> extended to other DBs as long as they are SQL:2003 compliant when
> interpreting DOUBLE SQL literals.

I agree totally. But "as long as they are SQL:2003 compliant" is a bigger
'if' than you think, so I prefer to be cautious and enable this change only
for LucidDB.