[Mondrian] AggGen question...

Ati Rosselet ati.rosselet at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 05:16:25 EDT 2007

Cheers. Thanx.   I'd ask for cvs access, but I'm not that confident of  not
breaking anything :)

I'd suggest the following change to AggGen.java as well then. In both cases
Iremoved - toUpperCase());
650:               agg.getExpression(sqlQuery.getDialect().quoteIdentifier(
                              factTableName, c.getName())));
892:                 name = usage.getSymbolicName().replace(' ', '_');   //
removed - toUpperCase();

RolapAggregator.java:  // keywords into uppercase - SQL standard and much
more readable.

86:           return "COUNT(DISTINCT " + operand + ")";

140:          buf.append("SUM(");
142:          buf.append(") / SUM(");

170:          buf.append("SUM(");
175:          buf.append(") / SUM(");

198:         buf.append("SUM(");

228:         buf.append(name.toUpperCase()); // expression part in uppercase
231:         buf.append("DISTINCT ");

also need to fix the expected SQL from reference SQL for
mondrian.rolap.CacheControlTest.java
(CacheControlTest.ref.xml - all "sum(" to "SUM("   )

With these changes, all testcases run without error.

Cheers.  Love mondrian.. just wish I understood more to be able to make more
helpful contributions.. but I try - running through a debugger to find where
does what is a pain.. but hey... I learn :)) .. java rulez :-)

Ati