[Mondrian] Predicate optimization parameter

michael.pflug at thomson.com michael.pflug at thomson.com
Wed Oct 17 14:44:57 EDT 2007

We are interested in adding a parameter in Mondiran.properties to take
the place of the hardcoded "aBloatLimit" variable that is currently set
to 0.5 in the Aggregation.optimizePredicates method.   This parameter
would allow users to set the percentage of constrained cells to replace
instead of being forced into the hardcoded value of 50%.  Our specific
reason for introducing this parameter is that we have some queries in
which this optimization is querying more than required and is too
costly.  Any comments?

Mike/Raghu