[Mondrian] Problem with aggregate tables..

Will Gorman wgorman at pentaho.org
Mon Nov 26 17:30:04 EST 2007

This weekend I started looking at 1833528 in more detail.  The majority
of changes that will be necessary are in SqlTupleReader and the
SqlConstraint API.  Now that Mondrian has RolapCubeHierarchy, which
knows about its Cube and Star, the levelToColumnMap and
relationNamesToStarTableMap maps are not necessary and will be phased
out.  Today, these data structures limit the ability for shared
dimensions within virtual cubes.

If folks would like to help out, the best area to contribute at the
moment would be in additional tests that you would like to see work or
worked before the RolapCubeMember check-in.  The more Virtual Cube and
Shared Dimension unit tests we have, the more I'll be certain that we
are going in the right direction with this new approach.

I'll be working on this over the next couple of weeks, and will
hopefully have these test cases back on-line along with additional tests
which will demonstrate more advanced shared dimension functionality
with-in virtual cubes.

Thanks,

Will