[Mondrian] Question on non-aggregable measures

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.org
Wed Nov 21 19:53:12 EST 2007

We already have the mother of all non-aggregable measures, namely
distinct-count. It's slightly different in that it's computable by going
back to the fact table, whereas for what you want, if it's not in the agg
table, it ain't there at all. (Or maybe you would allow aggregation on some
dimensions but not others - I don't know your precise requirements.)

So, it isn't there, but it could be fairly easily implemented by
generalizing the distinct-count functionality.

Julian

  _____