[Mondrian] Problem with aggregate tables..

John V. Sichi jsichi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 13:02:36 EST 2007

We're looking forward to being able to reuse shared dimensions within
virtual cubes, so we're certainly glad about the work Will is doing.
It's just that taking on intermediate regressions makes planning very
difficult.

For example, LucidEra also has a release planned for end of Jan, which
needs to stabilize towards end of Dec.

We already use a stabilization branch for this purpose, but very soon we
were hoping to

- have Rushan check in her COUNT DISTINCT optimizations (another
significant Mondrian roadmap item) into Mondrian main

- pass our regression tests (functionality and performance) on Mondrian main

- integ latest from Mondrian main to our stabilization branch

- continue with any stabilization needed there while Mondrian main moves
forward

Now, the second step may have just gotten a lot more complicated.

So, what I'm proposing is this.  If someone has followed the process and
submitted a regression test for something they expect to have working
forever in the future, then anyone else who wants to disable that test
as part of some other change needs to raise the issue on the mailing
list first, and get it resolved before going ahead with checkin.

Would that be acceptable?

JVS