[Mondrian] Problem with aggregate tables..

John V. Sichi jsichi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 02:01:16 EST 2007

Julian Hyde wrote:
> Sorry to have to be a tough bastard about this... it comes with being
> head of QA of mondrian as well as being architect, lead developer and
> chief evangelist. If I accept patches without regression tests, mondrian
> would soon degrade into a pool of half-working code (or I would spend my
> whole time writing regression tests, and then I'd have to jump off a
> bridge).

On that topic...

In eigenchange 10203, Will Gorman disabled one of the tests Rushan had
added earlier as part of a very difficult fix for a serious bug
(SharedDimensionTest.testVirtualCube).

Will created a sf.net bug to track this regression from his change
(1833528), but I thought the idea was that if we create regression
tests, we're buying ourselves protection against regressions?  In other
words, if progress needs to march on (maybe the test was relying on
something it shouldn't have), the case can be discussed, but shouldn't
that happen (with buy-in) before disabling the test?

We make extensive use of virtual cubes, as well as NECJ, so when I see
this, and the other one (1833526) logged at the same time, I get very
uneasy.

JVS