[Mondrian] Re: change 9710: aggregating count-distinct over compound cells

Rushan Chen rchen at lucidera.com
Mon Nov 19 20:33:57 EST 2007

I have drafted a design doc based on the "CellContext" idea to improve
the performance of aggregate loading for cells with "compound" constraints.

http://www.eigenbase.org/wiki/index.php/MondrianDistinctCountAggregateImprovement

This proposal requires pretty far-reaching code change so I did some
prototyping to make sure this idea would work. So far, despite the
sizable changes required, the basic functionalities(batch loading,
caching) are working with some careful extraction of code and
streamlining of interfaces. This hopefully will make aggregate
error prone.

Since I have done just some prototyping, there could be design flaws
lurking still. I would really appreciate your input and/or your comments
on how to better test this improvement.

Thanks,

Rushan

--
Rushan Chen

rchen at lucidera.com

Read <http://tinyurl.com/ypc73a>  our customer reviews: "LucidEra is a
must have tool for any company that extensively uses salesforce.com"

Test drive <http://www.lucidera.com/test-drive.php>  LucidEra Revenue
Cycle Analysis

Comment <http://www.lucidera.com/blog/>  on our "Keep it Simple" blog