[Mondrian] Hiding measure values at certian dimension levels

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.org
Mon Nov 19 19:37:36 EST 2007

The requirement seems to make sense, but I have some questions about the
implementation. The devil is in the details, they always say.

First, can you explain whether the measures would be hidden within
calculations (i.e. null or throw an exception if accessed) or merely appear
blank when rendered in the UI.

Second, your example shows one level being hidden; how would you deal with
multiple levels being hidden (comma-separated level names might be tricky to
parse) or more generally still, wanting to hide at some members of a level
but not others.

Third, could this be achieved using an existing mechanism like calculated
members, access control or format strings? Or perhaps handled by the UI
entirely?

Julian