[Mondrian] Store/Restore MDX Query ?

Eduardo Andrade eduardofandrade at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 10:22:35 EST 2007

Hello,
we're using using jPivot+Mondrian to provide multidimensional analysis.
We permit that users save their "views" of data (MDX Query) and restore them
later.
The problem is that some MDX queries that jPivot built, contains explicit
referneces to dimension members, thus limiting the view of the underliyng
data. So if data changes on the datasource, the view doesn't present those
changes.
Is there a way to achieve this ? Storing something that is independent of
the data, automatically ?

P.S.: I know that probably this is a jPivot limitation but i just want to be
sure that I can't use mondrian to store/restore the model with some
arbitrary state reflecting a user's view of the data.

Thank you so much,
--
Eduardo Andrade
eduardofandrade at gmail.com