[Mondrian] ValidMeasure() combined with Aggregate()

Ajit Vasudeo Joglekar ajogleka at thoughtworks.com
Wed Nov 14 03:30:13 EST 2007

We are exploring how we can do something like SSAS2005
IgnoreUnrelatedDimensions in mondrian.

General approach we are trying out is to pull the unrelated dimensions to
all/default member and eliminate any duplicates formed due to pulling up
to all level inside the aggregate function evaluation method. E.g. in
AggregateFunDef evaluateDouble method inside the anonymous
AbstractDoubleCalc. Eventually same thing will have to be done in all
other agg functions

The decision whether to apply this logic can be driven by a property
"IgnoreUnrelatedDimensions" defined at base cube level since MeasureGroups
are not yet there in mondrian

The approach looks promising till now. We will soon post prototype code.
In the mean while requesting ideas, comments. Are we missing anything
important here?

Thanks,
-Ajit