[Mondrian] Member comparison by reference

Anton Nikitin cybernelly at gmail.com
Wed May 30 07:36:51 EDT 2007

Julian,

may I suggest including in Mondrian development conventions  the rule not to
use expressions like "member1 == member2" but use Util.equals(member1,
member2) instead.

The implementation of equals for OlapElementBase already includes reference
comparison as a first step so I don't expect any significant performance
drawback.

In the past we got some hardly reproducible errors because of it (with our
custom member readers, which were based on ones from mondrian.rolap).

Version  2.3.2 still includes such comparisons.

Anton