[Mondrian] descendants of a member

Anton Nikitin cybernelly at gmail.com
Wed May 30 07:04:23 EDT 2007

Ok. Thanks.

Anton

-----Original Message-----
From: mondrian-bounces at pentaho.org [mailto:mondrian-bounces at pentaho.org] On
Behalf Of Julian Hyde
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 11:10 PM
To: 'Mondrian developer mailing list'
Subject: RE: [Mondrian] descendants of a member

I've no objection to that as long as you provide a default
implementation that various schema readers can use. Also please use
typed collections (e.g. List<Member>) rather than arrays - we're moving
away from arrays.

Note also that we have the ability to cache expression results. <a
member>.DESCENDANTS is being called many times in the same query, you
could generate a $Cache(<a member>.DESCENDANTS)

Be sure to test this functionality with NONEMPTY=true in the context.
That always breaks everything.

Julian