[Mondrian] Util.createSimpleValidator()

Anton Nikitin cybernelly at gmail.com
Wed May 30 06:39:51 EDT 2007

Julian,

actually, we have a bit obsolete version of Mondrian used in our
development. In our version Validator interface has convert() method which
calls FunUtil.convert(). I was wondering why convert() has real
implementation while canConvert() is a stub... In newest Mondrian there is
no Validator.convert()...

Original reason was the need of creating an expression containing IIF with
comparison operators at schema load time. Original implementation of simple
validator didn't allow doing it (because of ambiguity between overloaded
operations).  When I had added canConvert() delegation to FunUtil it started
to work for us. I haven't touched any other methods.

Maybe I have missed some other ways to implement hardcoded MDX expressions
at startup, haven't I?

Anton