[Mondrian] Question on Aggregation

Richard Emberson remberson at edgedynamics.com
Tue May 29 10:18:12 EDT 2007

The BitKey is relatively new. It is used as a key to a Map.
Not too long ago, what was used as the key was a List
containing all of the column's unique names - as such, the
BitKey is an optimization. When the List was replaced with
the BitKey, a complete refactoring did not take place,
rather what was attempted was only a modest code change;
hence the disconnect between where the BitKey is created
and given to to the Aggregate in its constructor and
where the columns are loaded.
Mondrian is and will always be a work in progress.
Developers are welcome to contribute.

Richard