[Mondrian] FW: DialectTest [Eigenbase perforce change 9288 for review]

Julian Hyde julianhyde at speakeasy.net
Sat May 19 18:12:50 EDT 2007

I just added a unit test for the SqlQuery.Dialect class. The goal is to
make sure that Dialect is not under-stating any database's
capabilitities - so if a database cannot do something (say sort by
aliases defined in the select clause) then the test will require that
the database gives an error. This will help us detect when new versions
of databases fix old versions' failings, and thus fully exploit each
database.

I have run the test on Access, Oracle, MySQL and Derby. Can I have
volunteers to run the test on other databases; especially Postgres,
Microsoft SQL Server, DB2, Teradata, and LucidDB.

Julian