[Mondrian] Enhancing TimeDimension

Julian Hyde julianhyde at speakeasy.net
Thu May 17 18:52:49 EDT 2007

Is there a fundamental reason why there aren't finer granularity levels
for TimeDimension (i.e. TimeHours)?

No fundamental reason. We added TimeYears, TimeQuarters, TimeMonths etc.
to support the YTD, QTD, MTD functions, and there aren't any such
functions at a finer level.

If one of the commiters wants to add them I won't object.

Separately, I sometimes edit a catalog file by hand and I sometimes get
parsing errors but only get useless JasperException messages in the
browser.  How do I get the details of cause for the parsing error?

Look in the webserver's trace log. The full exception should be in
there.