[Mondrian] Dimension Property Member_Key not supported.

Shishir Das sdas at thoughtworks.com
Tue May 15 06:51:48 EDT 2007

Hi,

We are facing an issue where Dimension Property MEMBER_KEY is queried for
but is not returned by mondrian. We found that mondrian did not have any
definition for this property.When we ran similar query against Analysis
services 2005 it returned 0 for allMembers and Member Name otherwise. Is
this logic of deriving value of MEMBER_KEY sufficient?

example MDX:-
WITH SET [Calc_Mem] AS
'CROSSJOIN(HIERARCHIZE(UNION({[Gender].[(All)].MEMBERS},
{[Gender].[Gender].MEMBERS}, ALL)), {[Measures].[Unit Sales]})'
SELECT [Calc_Mem] DIMENSION PROPERTIES PARENT_LEVEL, MEMBER_KEY,
PARENT_UNIQUE_NAME ON AXIS(0)
 FROM [Warehouse and Sales] CELL PROPERTIES VALUE, FORMAT_STRING, LANGUAGE

Regards,
Shishir