[Mondrian] question on "circular" MDX

John V. Sichi jsichi at gmail.com
Fri May 4 19:55:59 EDT 2007

John V. Sichi wrote:
> Michael's statement above doesn't match MSAS 2000 behavior.  Run this
> query:
>
> with
> set [c] as '[Product].[All Product].[Drinks].[Flavored Drinks].children'
> set [p] as '{[Store].[All Store].[USA].[CA].children}'
> set [cp] as 'nonemptycrossjoin([c],[p])'
> select [cp] on columns
> from sales
> where ([Time].[1998])

Note:  I was accidentally using a modified copy of FoodMart for this
test, which is why the metadata and data don't match the normal
FoodMart.  You should instead be able to use the Mondrian queries I sent
out against normal FoodMart in MSAS 2000 to verify the slicer-dependency
of the named set evaluation (it should match Mondrian native results).

JVS